Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Drama Lama in the NYC


Sex, violence, drugs, alcohol....what do they all have in common? Excellent drama fodder and the bedrock of almost every kid raised in the cities.

When you're a writer, or any other kind of artist actually, you play on the edge of "how much should I reveal and how much should I hide"? And inevitably, the answer is always a resounding "hide nothing"! Reveal all juicy details! After all, wasn't that the secret vengeance of all our childhood's? To get back and name names on E! Hollywood True Stories? Heehee!

I often wonder why most of the things I write have to do with secrets, sex and murders. Hmmm? Well, it's the old adage of not seeing the forest for the trees. Secrets is pretty much how I grew up. Keeping them while, like a crafty magician, drawing your attention to a perfect and glossy exterior. And wondering myself, who was keeping them from me.

Wondering who was hiding what is what fueled pretty much 90% of my perceptions growing up. Add to that being a woman and always prying into mental cogs and emotional ventricles as part of our genetic make-up and you get someone pretty much hard wired to believe any conspiracy theory out there.

The Revenge of the Tango (my next piece) is a far cry from The Maybelline Girls, which I see more as my medicinal approach at approaching the unapproachable. Comedy, of course. Always, comedy. (As I smile to myself contemplating more installments.)

The Revenge is a gluttonous dive into the world of secrets. A place where women hold power. And they know it. *evil chuckle*

I suppose The Revenge of the Tango may be my inner child's way of saying "Hmmm, now that I am big, let me get MY turn."

Of course, there will be intrigue, there will be sexiness, and there will be diversity. (I love diversity. Come on! I grew up in NYC for crying out loud!)

The night approaches so I'll leave you with this....

"In revenge and in love woman is more barbaric than man is."

FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE, Beyond Good and Evil

7 comments:

  1. definitely agree, and you know what's even more barbaric??? GAY LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who are you, X???? Genius comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. X must be a secret .... But I wonder what your first post was and why you removed it? If this is how you write when you are sleep deprived, you must be real good when you are rested up. Is there a book in the works?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Possibly....But not know. There's too much Word Whomp to play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, btw, I most likely deleted a repeat comment. Don't make it more intriguing than it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I suppose a public thrashing will continue? carry on...

    ReplyDelete